Location: 1694 Colborne St E, Brantford ON
For over 75 years, the Langford Schoolhouse was a place where generations of children in the Langford community were educated. Today the Langford Schoolhouse is used for a variety of events and activities such as workshops, conferences, business retreats, dances, feasts, festivals, showers, weddings as well as other family and community celebrations. For information about hosting your event at this wonderful venue visit Schoolhouse Rentals
The first Langford school was built in the early 1870s, one of several one-room schoolhouses that were built in the area to support the growing community surrounding Brantford. The original building was destroyed in a fire, but was rebuilt in 1896.
In 1964, the school transitioned into a community centre, but the children left their mark. Their names remain etched into the building itself.
The Langford Conservancy formed informally in 2010, taking over the care of the Langford Schoolhouse. The Langford Conservancy incorporated in 2012 as a not for profit organization, continuing the vision of the past 140 years – to run this wonderful space as a community hub.